Peckleton Parish Council provides your local services. We strive to make Peckleton parish a better place to live, work and play. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Please use the search bar or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.
Mission Statement, Aims and Objectives
2015 - 2019
- To improve the quality of life for all those living and working in the Parish.
- To help create a socially inclusive and caring community which embraces all residents, irrespective of age, gender, culture, income, race or religion and will seek to develop mutual cooperation.
- To raise the profile of the Parish Council so that it communicates well with all groups in the Parish and contributes to and leads in uniting the Parish.
- To provide a democratic representational voice for the Parish and to give residents the opportunity to influence their future.
- To manage the Parish Council's assets and finances effectively and efficiently to achieve best value.
- To manage cost effective amenities of a high standard in order to meet the needs and wishes of the community.
- To preserve the rural environment of the Parish.
- Mission Statement, Aims and Objectives (2015-19) (PDF, 214 Kb)
Details of the Councils Mission Statement, Aims and Objectives during 2015-19
Business owners and entrepreneurs are invited to tap into Leicestershire's tourism trade.
A free session to help businesses grow and develop is being held from 4.30-6.30pm on Monday, 31st October, at Melton Borough Council's offices in Burton Street.
It has been organised by East Leicestershire LEADER programme, which launched last year to support rural business and tourism across Melton and Harborough, plus parts of Charnwood and Blaby. More »
Businesses are invited to the free event to find out more about the practicalities of setting up and running a tourism business.
A range of professionals from the industry will be able to answer questions on marketing, planning permission, environmental health and more.
This event is taking place part of the Leicester Business Festival. Returning for a second year, the festival, organised by the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership, will comprise of over 120 events over the two weeks from 24 October – 4 November 2016.
Limited spaces are available. Tickets can be booked online at the Leicester Business Festival website www.leicesterbusinessfestival.com
For more information please visit http://www.oakleaves.org.uk/east-leicestershire-leader.html or contact Charlotte Long on 0116 305 firstname.lastname@example.org » Less
Tue, 11 Oct 2016 19:05 by Stuart Bacon
Food and drink businesses across Leicester and Leicestershire are invited to meet industry leaders at a free event in Melton this month.
The Food and Drink Business Growth Expo takes place from 4-7pm on 25 October at Brooksby Melton College's Melton town campus (Asfordby Road, LE13 0HJ).
Budding and existing business entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to attend advice seminars, speak to experts from across the sector and network. The seminars will address specific industry issues and provide help and guidance on growing your business to maximise profits and brand recognition. More »
Exhibitors from a range of business support organisations, including the Federation of Small Businesses and the Leicestershire Food Forum, will be available to talk to on the day.
The event is supported by the county council, Leicester City Council, Melton Borough Council, the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP) and the East Midlands Chamber.
Tue, 11 Oct 2016 19:03 by Stuart Bacon